They say money doesn't grow on trees, but it can grow online! A few days ago, The Monetizer gave you some suggested ways to get Cash fast during these trying economic times. Today I'd like to provide you with some of the best deals for online banks to stash that cash! These particular banks offer the highest interest rates going today for Savings accounts & CD's! Make sure to do your homework and see what other fees or rules may apply, but generally these are some great places to grow money.
Listed below you'll find savings accounts, certificates of deposit and Foreign currency CD's. If you currently make money online, you definitely want to consider allocating some of it to these spots!
If you have money just sitting in your Checking account, let it grow here.
If you are afraid interest rates may fall, it might be a good time to lock down with a CD.
Don't forget FDIC insures up to $250,000 until December 2009. We still recommend holding a max of $100,000 / bank.
Savings Accounts ( Can Pull Out Money Anytime )
- OneUnited - 3.75% APY ( min of $1000 )
- FNBO Direct - 3.50% ( no minimum )
- WT Direct - 3.31% ( min of $10000 )
- HSBC - 3.25% APY ( no minimum )
- Savings Square - 3.05% ( no minimum )
- Emigrant Direct - 3.00% APY ( no minimum )
- Citibank e-Savings - 3.00% APY ( no minimum )
- E-Loan - 2.76%+ APY ( no minimum )
- Bank of America - 0.20% ( don't consider )
Certificate of Deposit CD - ( Cannot Pull Out Anytime )
If you don't mind keeping your money in the bank for a certain time, CD (Certificate of Deposit) would give you a slightly better rate and rates will not change for that time period.
- 3 Months - Virtual Bank 3.51% APY ( min of $10000 )
- 3 Months - Eloan 3.41% APY ( min of $10000 )
- 6 Months - Imperial Bank 4.35% APY ( min of $1000 )
- 6 Months - Corus 4.25% APY ( min of $10000 )
- 9 Months - AmTrust 4.35% ( min of $1000 )
- 9 Months - Imperial 4.15% APY ( min of $2000 )
- 1.0 Year - Patelco 7.00% ( max of $1000 )
- 1.0 Year - Corus 4.65% APY ( min of $10000 )
- 1.0 Year - Flagstar 4.50% APY
- 1.5 Year - Advanta 4.50% APY ( min of $10000 )
- 1.5 Years - Capital One 4.46% APY ( min of $5000 )
- 2.0 Years - National City 4.75% APY ( min of $10000 )
- 2.0 Years - Discover 4.5% APY ( min of $2500 )
- 3.0 Years - Pentagon 5.0% APY ( min $1000 )
- 4.0 Years - National 5.25% APY ( min of $10000 )
- 5.0 Years - Advanta 5.25% APY ( min $2500 )
- 5.0 Years - Discover 5.21% APY ( min of $2500 )
Foreign Currency CDs
With the government printing a lot of money lately, fear of inflation is roaming around. You can put money in foreign currency CDs to protect yourself
- EverBank.com Foreign CDs ( min $10000, protected by FDIC )